Wednesday 27 May 2009

I have been going through a bit of a difficult patch crafting wise, i am feeling very stuck and unsure about which direction i can go in next, if any. So it makes me feel that little bit better when i get some approval from my Etsy peers, just to keep me keep moving albeit quite slowly.

Before i went on my holiday i noticed that a few of my Matryoshka doll hair goodies had got picked for several Etsy treasuries. I have been fascinated with these dolls since i was a little un, we had a set which i used to play with for hours!

Buttons and the use of wonderful Japanese fabrics adorned with Russian dolls, are incredibly popular on Etsy, so i try very hard to source different fabrics regularly, and make my pictures as colourful as possible...a girls gotta raise her game you know!

Here are the collections, the first is wonderfully curated by the lovely therainbowroom

The second which is amazing, was put together by NiuTaller thank you so much:)

I had to go searching for Russian doll inspired creations on Etsy, these beauties are all from UK sellers:

luxedeluxe is a bit of an inspiration for me, she is at this point in time, the UK's top seller on Etsy, i love this piece:
One of my favourite Etsians is Champignons her work is just amazing..as demonstrated :
hippyofdoom is a super talented artist and a really lovely gal to boot, these shoes rule all, so pretty! (i really want these):



I adore this jute bag by Beaky and really she is the queen of Russian Doll inspired creations, her shop is soo tempting to me:)

3 comments:

  1. i love matryoshka dolls. i always wanted some as a child but never got them, so i think i still need to get them out of my system as an adult!! i saw a kit on etsy a while back and could be tempted to paint my own set :) these are all super picks and great sellers - now going to snoop those treasuries properly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeh gads, you will have be lookin for kits next:)

    Thankyee sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how could i mind when you say such nice things? your bobby pins are sooooo cute! great blog and thanks for choose me to feature in your blog.
    B x

    ReplyDelete